Thursday, January 24, 2008

I wish that I wasn't so vain, that I could be concerned with the risk of sounding like I am. If that makes sense. It does to me, so I'll roll with it. I will however, use a disclaimer and let you in on two very important factors. The first is that despite the borderline arrogant exterior, I am extremely insecure. I have complexes that have helped to develop a strong, sturdy and reliable defense mechanism also know as my egotism. The second, who cares if I'm vain, ask yourself which one of the deadly sins do you struggle with?


I have never made it a point to hide my "confident" ways. I am who I am and for the most part I understand the inner workings of the innovative piece of revolutionary machinery, that is my brain. I appreciate the fact that no one is made like me and there will never again be another after I am gone. I am grateful for this DNA that flows through my veins because I honestly feel that when I was born I hit the genetic lottery. Not only in the physical sense but in every aspect. I consider myself to be wise beyond my years and anything that I do in life whether it be good or bad, I can wholeheartedly say that I knew what I was doing. With the exception of the Holy Father with art in heaven, no one is the leader of me. I understand there is a difference between being elite and being an elitist. I am not an elitist. And just before you state the obvious and scoff at the audacity of arrogance, you must know that if I don't it, you won't.... no one will. Believe me, no one will.

Its funny a thing to observe when people walk all over nice folks and use them until the lines of utility and abuse are blurred. It's more than comedic to hear the things that people say about a person like me who carries themselves in a certain manner and expect you to the same in the provided manner.

I'm a bitch when I speak my mind. I'm slut, if there are no strings attached. I'm pretty but just for a dark skinned girl. And all in the same breath, I am weak if I say yes, I am stupid if I stay, lame for observing traditional values and I still wouldn't pass any paper bag test to obtain membership in that sorority. Does being legacy count? However... I digress.

In writing this I lost my original point, but here is my attempt to bring it back.

People misconstrue my confidence for arrogance and I assume that I believe I am everyone's cup of tea. F.Y.I... I am very aware that I am not. What absolutely boggles my mind yet amazes me at the same time is that the contrast to what I supposedly am, is a defeated, poor little black girl that always says yes allowing the world and more specifically her own flesh and blood to diminish the soul that God has given me.

And I do not comply.

Women are often baffled at the fact that I can attract a man or dare I say, seduce the opposite sex with a simple flash of a smile. Not even batting my eyelashes. To them it also seems sneaky. Whatever this act is, that I seem to inevitably commit when a man is in the room leaves me with a scent of betrayal to other women.

Men are too, caught of guard with their sudden attraction to me because as the world would have it, "I am not their type." Really what they mean to say is, "I usually like them visibly mixed so that we can make great looking babies because we all know that to have children with a black girl, more specifically a dark skinned negro is absolutely unacceptable for they would look like tar babies or rather, monkeys. Not mention, you don't have breast, hips or ass. Which really means I can't fuck you cause good sex equates to a really big ass not human being with emotions but an ass... a really big and fat one.

And for breaking the status quo rule, I pay. However, in the name of complexes and inferiority's, I pay with a smile on my face.

Hey chick, you don't have to talk to me. Being mad at me is not going to solve your problem which is really, him.


And young man, I desire that you learn that my aspirations of a mate are not based on some slave notion that I can't do any better. I can. And its not you brother.


Tell me again, what so audacious about my vanity? If I don't do it, you won't.

No comments: